In preparation for your employment at Providence Care there are a variety of steps and tasks you must complete before your first day:
- Step 1: Submit completed new employee documents
- Step 2: Complete criminal reference check/vulnerable sector screening
- Step 3: Complete your health screening tests
- Step 4: Attend your Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness appointment
- Step 5: Visit Protection Services office to have your photo taken for your ID badge
If you require assistance completing this checklist because of a disability, your hiring manager will make sure you are able to complete it on your first day.
Step 1: Submit completed new employee documents
Your offer package contains our employment terms as reflected on your offer letter. During your Documentation Appointment, you must return the completed and signed forms to the Human Resources Assistant – details are on your offer letter. In order to create your employee file, we require that the following documents be submitted to the Corporate People Services Offices located on Level 2 at Providence Care Hospital in person or via email to email@example.com; before your first day. The People Services (Human Resources) office is open between 08:30-16:00 Monday to Friday.
Click here to download the New Employee Checklist to keep track of what you need to complete. If you have any questions about the checklist, contact your Recruitment Specialist.
Here are the key elements you need to complete:
- Signed offer of employment letter
- Proof of education (provide a photocopy of final transcript)
- Completed banking information (include a void check or direct deposit form)
- Complete Benefit Enrollment forms for eligible employees:
- Benefits and Beneficiary Designation Confirmation
- Coordination of Benefits(if applicable)
- Confirmation of your social insurance number (SIN.) Bring your SIN card to the People Services Department or send it via a scanned image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed New Employee Information form
- Signed Confidentiality & Information Security form
- Completed tax forms:
- Completed Language Skill Self-Identification form
- Completed Parking Enrollment form including permit holder information (only applicable for Providence Care Hospital staff who wish to obtain a parking permit)
Step 2: Complete criminal reference check/vulnerable sector screening
Your offer of employment with Providence Care is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search. It is your responsibility to contact the Recruitment Specialist, either by phone or email, to discuss the status of your conditional employment offer. You can complete your background check by visiting your local law enforcement office.
Please remember the following:
- Submit your completed reports to your Recruitment Specialist. If completed online through Kingston Police, you can share your reports via the police website. Otherwise, please scan and submit a copy to your Recruitment Specialist.
- It may take several weeks (or longer in some exceptional cases) to complete the criminal background check. Please start this process as soon as possible.
- All fees associated with criminal background checks are the responsibility of the applicant and not Providence Care.
Step 3: Complete your Health Screening Tests
In order to adequately protect our patients, residents, and clients, our colleagues, and ourselves it is important for you to ensure that vaccinations and testing are up-to-date. Please make arrangements with your family physician or a local clinic in order to complete the Occupational Health Mandatory Requirements.
- Testing for TB may require multiple visits and testing costs may vary.
- All fees associated with health screening tests are the responsibility of the employee.
- There are key Occupational Health & Safety checks that every new employee must complete.
Step 4: Attend your Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellness pre-placement appointment
All employees are required to attend an Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellness (OHSW) pre-placemnet appointment where they will learn more about OHSW services, discuss any work-related requirements (i.e. respiratory fit testing) and submit the following completed documents:
- The pre-placement health appointment with the Occupational Health Nurse is a mandatory condition of your employment.
- Delays in submitting your pre-placement forms or failure to attend your pre-placement appointment may impact your start date.
- 613-544-4900 ext. 53564, Monday to Friday
Step 5: Visit the Protection Services office to have your photo taken for your ID badge
Whether you’re working at Providence Care Hospital, Providence Manor, Providence Transitional Care Centre, or one of our Community Services sites, all staff must have their photo taken for their ID badge.
During your on-site Occupational Health pre-placement appointment, we recommend you go to the Protection Services office to have your photo taken for your ID badge. The Protection Services office is located on Level 1 at Providence Care Hospital, across from Reception Services.
Once your photo is taken, here is how you will get your ID badge:
- Providence Care Hospital staff: you may receive your ID badge the same day if we have received authorization from People Services.
- Providence Manor staff: your ID badge will be sent to the long-term care home’s Business Office.
- Community Services staff: your ID badge will be sent to your location.
- Providence Transitional Care Centre staff: your badge will be sent to your office
Parking at Providence Care Hospital
If you have any questions related to parking at the hospital, contact the Parking Agent at 613-544-4900 ext. 51053 or email email@example.com
Parking at Providence Manor/Community
There is no onsite parking at Providence Manor. Visit the City of Kingston website to learn about parking options and locations.
Parking at Providence Transitional Care Centre
The Providence Care website has detailed information about parking rates and access. Visit the Queen’s University Parking Office on the second floor of 207 Stuart Street to set up long term parking passes. The office is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.