Volunteers give their time and skills to support patients, clients and residents at Providence Care in a variety of ways. They join us in our Mission to “enhance the quality of life” of each person – and find their experiences as a volunteer personally fulfilling as well.
The benefits of volunteering at Providence Care are:
- Gain valuable work experience;
- Experience personal satisfaction helping others;
- Become part of a holistic health care team;
- Meet community-minded people, who share a common goal.
Providence Care provides:
- Meaningful opportunities with clear position descriptions;
- Orientation to the organization;
- On-site training;
- Ongoing support and recognition.
How to volunteer
Complete an online application
Please complete one of the application forms below:
- Community Volunteer (no longer enrolled in school)
- Post Secondary Student (currently enrolled in school – university and college students)
- Co-op/Placement Student
- Experience Partner
- Hospice Kingston (*must be 19 years of age or older)
The following requirements must be met:
- Submit a medical clearance form (includes tuberculosis testing and up-to-date immunization records)
- Provide letters of reference (upon request)
- Attend an interview
- Complete a Criminal Reference Check Form online with the vulnerable sector portion completed or visit your local police station.
- Attend an orientation session
If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Hunter, Director of Volunteer Services
613-544-4900, Ext. 53062
Tania Christie, Coordinator of Volunteer Services
613-544-4900, Ext. 53063
Meghan Durant, Volunteer Services Assistant
613-544-4900 ext. 53060