Providence Care’s Community Support Services help seniors and people living with disabilities or chronic illness live independently in their own homes safely, for as long as possible.
Attendant Care Outreach
The Attendant Care Outreach program offers assistance to individuals with long-term physical disabilities, in their own homes in Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington.
Clients self-direct their own care by communicating their needs to attendants. Care is provided seven days a week. Referrals are accepted from prospective clients, friends or family, physicians, and social or community health agencies.
- Personal Care: bathing, dressing, grooming
- Daily living activities: cooking, cleaning, household tasks
- Activities outside the home: attending appointments, grocery shopping, going to school*
- Other needs which may be unique to the client
- 24 hour support: Endymion Supportive Living Unit**
*Activities outside of the home may require the attendant to accompany the client.
**For clients enrolled in the Endymion Supportive Living Unit in Kingston.
- 16 or older
- Understands the nature of their disability
- Requires lifelong assistance
- Must be able to direct their own care
- Able to have medical/professional needs addressed by existing community health providers
- May be left unattended during periods when services are not scheduled
- Has a valid Ontario Health Care
Funding and fees:
The Attendant Care Outreach program is funded by the Ministry of Health. There is no cost to clients. Endymion Supportive Living Unit clients are responsible for their own rent and personal living expenses.
Please direct any questions to the Personal Support & Adult Day Programs Office Coordinator.
Tel: 613-540-6165 ext. 34102
Adult Day and Overnight Stay Care
The Adult Day and Overnight Stay Care program provides quality respite care for adults living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease and physical disabilities.
- To assist in maintaining or improving mental and emotional well-being
- To enable individuals to remain within their home environment
- To provide a period of caregiver relief
- To provide an opportunity to gain information and skills to support their role as a caregiver
- Nourishing meals
- Refreshments are served mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- Personal care services
- Medication assistance
- Pastoral care and church services are available
- Referrals to other relevant community services as required
- Physical: exercise, walking, games, outdoor gardening
- Social: musical programs, dancing, social events
- Mental: quizzes, puzzles, crafts, cards, reminiscing
- Activities of daily living: household tasks, indoor gardening
Adult Day program:
Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Overnight Stay Care program:
Friday at 4:30 p.m. to Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
Overnight Stay Care is available for both one or two night stays. This service is not available during long weekends.
Funding and Fees:
The Adult Day and Overnight Stay Care program is subsidized by the South East LHIN. Program fees apply.
Please direct any questions to the Adult Day & Overnight Stay Care Office Coordinator.
Tel: 613-540-6165 ext. 34102
Comments, compliments or concerns regarding Providence Care services can be directed to the Community Team Manager by leaving a message at the nearest office or by completing a Compliments and Complaints form.