Date: September 26, 2022
On Saturday, September 24, 2022, Providence Care declared a COVID-19 outbreak on Sydenham 3, a resident home area at Providence Manor after residents tested positive for the virus.
Sydenham 3 is under quarantine and all residents have been placed on contact and aerosol precautions.
The outbreak will be in place for a minimum of 10 days from the last COVID-19 case identified, during which time residents will be closely monitored for symptoms of COVID-19 and tested where indicated.
Providence Care is working closely with Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health regarding the positive cases.
Providence Care has also reached out to all residents and their loved ones at the long-term care home to inform them about the outbreak. For confidentiality reasons, Providence Care is not able to share any identifiable or additional information about the cases.
To help limit the spread of infection, the resident home area has implemented several additional measures including:
- Sydenham 3 is closed to admissions.
- One designated care partner or essential caregiver is permitted to visit at a time for the duration of the outbreak. General visitors are temporarily prohibited on Sydenham 3.
- Registered visitors must wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the duration of their visit.
- Care teams are closely monitoring all Providence Manor residents to identify potential cases early.
- Care teams have heightened the frequency of surveillance for resident symptoms with a low threshold for testing to identify potential cases early.
- Residents who tested positive may be managed in a designated area, to decrease the burden of cases remaining on Sydenham 3.
- Extra cleaning of all high touch surfaces and common areas.
COVID-19 protective measures remain in place at all Providence Care sites. We will continue to review safety measures on an ongoing basis to ensure our staff and the people we serve stay protected.
Current safety measures include:
- Reducing visitors
- Passing screening
- Hand Hygiene and wearing a mask
Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information about COVID-19 protective measures in place at all sites.
- A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared on Sydenham 3, a resident home area at Providence Manor, after residents tested positive.
- Sydenham 3 is under quarantine and all residents have been placed on contact and aerosol precautions.
- The outbreak will be in place for a minimum of 10 days from the last confirmed case identified, during which time residents will be closely monitored for symptoms of COVID-19 and tested where indicated.
- COVID-19 protective measures, including reducing visitors, screening, hand hygiene and masking remain in place at all Providence Care sites.
About Providence Care:
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. The organization consists of Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor long-term care home, Hospice Kingston, and more than 15 community based mental health and support services across the region. To find out more about Providence Care, visit ProvidenceCare.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information, contact:
Communications Officer, Communications
Phone: 613-544-4900 ext. 53375
Leave a Reply