As much of the province re-opens and services gradually resume, we continue to review the measures we have in place to protect our patients, clients, staff, physicians and learners.
- All outpatients and visitors will be screened at the Main Entrance. Only those who pass screening will be allowed to enter the hospital. Please allow yourself extra time in case there are any delays or lines to enter the building. Click here for more information about screening.
- Visitors are must sign in at the screening desk and provide their name, the time of their visit and a contact number.
- Use of masks/face coverings. Outpatients and visitors must bring a mask/face covering to wear while at the hospital. If you don’t have a face covering of your own, the hospital will provide a mask for your use. Masks/face coverings must be worn for the duration of your visit. Click here for more information about the use of masks/face coverings.
- Inpatients are required to wear a mask/face covering when outside their unit. If there is a medical reason why a patient/client cannot wear one, the care team will discuss other options.
- Maintain physical distancing. All visitors must practice physical distancing while at Providence Care Hospital. This includes when you are in line to be screened and when using the elevators.
- Do not visit other areas of the hospital such as the cafeteria or the café.
- Practice hand hygiene. Perform hand hygiene every time you enter/exit the hospital, enter/exit your loved one’s inpatient unit and enter/exit your loved one’s room.
For information on how to schedule a visit with your loved one, click here.
During the COVID-19 pandemic outpatient and clinic appointments are being reviewed on patient/client need. As part of our enhanced safety measures, all outpatients are being pre-screened before their appointment and are screened again on the day of their appointment.
On the day of your appointment, please bring the following:
- A list of all medications you are currently taking
- Any mobility aids (e.g. cane, walker)
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Health card
- Mask/face covering
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your appointment in case there are any delays or lines to enter.