The screening information below is intended for Providence Care Staff.
It’s essential we take the screening process seriously and continue to work together to keep all Providence Care sites safe places to work and receive care. We all can help make that happen by being appropriately screened before coming to work.
Please read the current staff guidance for the screening process at each site:
- Providence Care Hospital (updated 02/06/2023)
- Providence Transitional Care Centre (updated 02/06/2023)
- Community Services (updated 02/06/2023)
- Providence Manor (updated 02/06/2023)
Please refer to the following document if you are required to be on work isolation:
Staff Access to PCR Tests
- With the closure of the Beechgrove Assessment Centre, a new process will be in place for staff who require a PCR test.
- Effective Tuesday, February 7, 2023, staff who require PCR testing must pick-up and drop-off a PCR self-test kit at the following locations and times:
|PCH & PTCC||From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., pick up at PCH Reception on level 1.|
|From 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., contact the Clinical Supervisor.|
|PM||From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., pick up at PCH Reception on level 1.|
|From 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., contact the Providence Manor Charge Nurse
Only if asymptomatic. If symptomatic, see note below.*
|Community Programs||From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., pick up at PCH Reception on level 1.|
**If you work at Providence Manor and are experiencing symptoms after hours and require a PCR, do not enter the building. For the health and safety of others in the home, we do not want staff walking through Providence Manor while symptomatic. Proceed to Providence Care Hospital and pick up a self-test in the main lobby.
- Symptomatic staff must complete their COVID-19 PCR self-swab in their car or home and return the completed test same day during the timeframes above.
- For staff without symptoms who are testing because they have a COVID-19 positive household contact, they may test themselves on-site in a private location. During respiratory season, these self-swabs may be tested for other respiratory viruses such as Influenza A & B and RSV.
- Household contacts of staff will no longer have access to PCR testing after Beechgrove’s closure on February 24, but can access PCR testing through a local pharmacy. Click here for a full list of participating pharmacies.
- If you are symptomatic or have a positive test result, stay home and report to:
- Your manager
- OHSW: Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at: 613-544-4900, ext. 53564
- Clinical Supervisor: for after hours, weekends and holidays at: 613-544-4900 ext. 51801.
- Staff Scheduling (if applicable)
- If you have had someone in your household test positive for or have had high risk contact with a COVID-19 positive person outside of work:
- Review the return to work guidance above and report to your manager for guidance. PCH and Providence Transitional Care Centre clinical staff should contact the Clinical Supervisor: 613-544-4900 ext. 51801 on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Masking Requirements – FAQ
COVID-19 Questions? Know Who to Call and What to Do
- For non-urgent inquiries and information, please call IPAC during regular business hours Monday to Friday at: 613-544-4900 ext. 53563. DO NOT call this number if you are reporting an absence. Contact OHSW.
- For time sensitive issues/reporting evenings, weekends and statutory holidays contact the Clinical Supervisor at PCH at: 613-544-4900 ext. 51801 for guidance.