Donating equipment or supplies
There is an extremely high demand for personal protective equipment (PPE), soap and hand sanitizer. Ensuring we have the appropriate supply at our hospital, home and community sites is critical to our defense against COVID-19.
We are asking the community to donate PPE, and other supplies including:
- Masks (N95, surgical, or procedural masks)
- Disposable gloves
- Medical or surgical gowns
- Tyvek suits
- Face shields, visors and safety goggles
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Hand soap (unscented)
- Cleaning supplies
We will also accept expired N95 masks as we can use those for mask-fit testing for our staff/physicians.
To make a donation, please contact Maryanne Takala via email at Maryanne.Takala@3SO.ca. Donations that cannot be used by Providence Care or Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) will be shared among other community services. Please, do not drop donations/supplies off directly at any Providence Care site. 3SO staff will direct you to a drop-off location and ensure your goods are safely delivered to our sites.
Donating hand-sewn masks
Many community members have been sewing homemade face masks. While they are not considered official PPE for our healthcare staff, hand-sewn fabric masks are useful and can be used by patients, clients and residents. If you wish to donate hand-sewn masks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate offers to bring in meals or coffee for staff/teams, we cannot accommodate these kind gestures because of visitor restrictions to our buildings, requirements for screening and other logistical and safety concerns. Your support through the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation (UHKF) can assist us with recognizing and supporting staff safely during this time.
Financial donations can help us keep up with rapidly changing healthcare needs. At this time, Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) and Providence Care are asking those who wish to donate funds to direct their support to:
- Donations to Areas of Greatest Priority: donations will help purchase much needed equipment for Providence Care and KHSC.
- Comfort Funds: Donations will help purchase supports and other technologies for patients, clients and residents to help maintain connections with loved ones, as well as other comfort items. Funds will also be used to recognize staff for their diligent and dedicated work during the pandemic outbreak, and may include but is not limited to purchasing meals, snacks and coffee.
Click here to make a donation today.
Honour Your Caregiver
Looking for a way to recognize an individual or care team at Providence Care? Consider thanking them through the Honour Your Caregiver program through UHKF. The initiative is a way for individuals to celebrate the great care they received by donating funds for equipment, education, research and more.
Click here to nominate a Providence Care staff member or team today.
Providence Care thanks you for your support during these uncertain times.