Parkside 0 COVID-19 Watch at Providence Care Hospital Declared Over
A COVID-19 watch declared on Parkside 0, an inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital, is now over. The watch was declared on Dec. 4, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
Patients who had close contact with the positive case were quarantined, monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus multiple times throughout the watch. All test results came back negative.
Staff members with confirmed contact with the positive case were also tested for COVID-19. Their results were also negative.
Providence Care declared the watch over on Dec. 14. All restrictions as a result of the watch, including quarantining patients and halting registered visitors, have now been lifted.
The following safety measures remain in place at Providence Care Hospital:
- All staff members are actively screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They must also wear appropriate personal protective equipment, practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene.
- Only registered visitors may enter the hospital. Registered visitors include: essential visitors, designated visitors and designated care partners. General visitors are not permitted.
- All registered visitors must pass screening and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If they do not pass screening or show proof of vaccination, they will not be permitted to enter. Individuals who pass screening must wear a mask at all times for the duration of their visit.
All COVID-19 watches at Providence Care Hospital are now over.
Providence Care is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation in the region to ensure our current protective measures at all sites continue to keep the people we serve, staff and physicians safe. Measures will be enhanced if needed. Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information on visiting protocols and current protective measures in place.
A COVID-19 outbreak continues at Providence Transitional Care Centre. Click here for more information.
- A COVID-19 watch declared on Parkside 0, an inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital, was declared over on Dec. 14. All restrictions as a result of the watch have been lifted.
- Patients who had close contact with the positive case were quarantined, monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus multiple times throughout the watch.
- All patient and staff test results were negative, and no transmission was identified.
About Providence Care:
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. The organization consists of Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor long-term care home, and more than 20 community based support and mental health services across the region. To find out more about Providence Care, visit ProvidenceCare.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.