A COVID-19 outbreak declared on Lakeview 2 Pod A, a 10-bed section of a 30-bed inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital, is now over. The outbreak was originally declared on June 30, after four patients tested positive for the virus.
All Lakeview 2 Pod A patients were placed on contact and aerosol precautions, monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus throughout the outbreak.
Providence Care, along with Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health, declared the outbreak over on July 10, because it has been 10 days since the last confirmed positive case. All patients from Lakeview 2 and their loved ones have been alerted.
All quarantine precautions and measures in place as a result of the outbreak have been lifted; however, the following safety measures remain in place across Providence Care Hospital:
- All staff members are actively screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They continue to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene.
- Designated visitors, essential visitors and designated care partners must pass screening. If they do not pass screening, they will not be permitted to enter. Individuals who pass screening must wear a mask at all times for the duration of their visit, unless they have a medical exemption.
Even with the province easing public health measures, COVID-19 protective measures remain in place at all Providence Care sites. We will continue to review safety measures on an ongoing basis to ensure our staff and the people we serve stay protected.
Current safety measures include:
- Reducing visitors
- Passing screening
- Wearing a mask
- Unvaccinated individuals must perform a rapid antigen test and test negative to enter (exceptions apply)
Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information about COVID-19 protective measures in place at all sites.
- A COVID-19 outbreak originally declared on June 30 on Lakeview 2 Pod A, a 10-bed section of a 30-bed inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital was declared over on July 10. All quarantine precautions and measures in place as a result of the outbreak have been lifted.
- The outbreak was declared over because it has been 10 days since the last confirmed positive case.
- All Lakeview 2 Pod A patients were placed on contact and aerosol precautions, monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus throughout the outbreak.
About Providence Care:
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. The organization consists of Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor long-term care home, Hospice Kingston, and more than 15 community based mental health and support services across the region.