Providence Care is committed to being environmentally responsible and energy efficient.
That’s why so much work was put in to make sure our new hospital is as green as possible.
And all that hard work paid off.
Providence Care Hospital was recently awarded a cheque for a whopping $514,000, as part of the High Performance New Construction Incentive.
According to Utilities Kingston, the hospital’s numerous energy efficient initiatives saved approximately 423,000 kWh of electricity and 1,760,000 kg of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions.
That’s enough electricity to power 45 homes and the emissions saved are equal to 374 passenger cars, driven for a year.
- LED lights optimized for building occupants and the availability of daylight
- Waste heat from chillers used to heat the building
- Energy recovery ventilation pre-cools or pre-heats air, depending on the season
- Efficient design of building systems
- Careful selection of fans
- High performance building envelope to optimize air systems