The City’s 2017 Livable City Design Awards celebrate excellence in urban design and architecture by recognizing exemplary projects that have been completed over the last three years. These projects demonstrate creativity and innovation, make use of quality materials, and are mindful of environmental and accessibility concerns.
Providence Care Hospital, which opened its doors to the public on April 23, 2017, is a nominee for this year’s Livable City Design Awards. Providence Care Hospital is LEED® Silver Certified and incorporates ‘green’ design to reduce its impact on the environment.
Providence Care Hospital:
- provides adequate space for secure bicycle storage and shower facilities for staff
- preserves mature trees on the campus and the planting of new trees throughout
- reduces indoor water use with highly efficient indoor plumbing fixtures like low-flow toilets, faucets and showers
- use of low-emitting materials during construction
- uses automated building control systems
To learn more about Providence Care Hospital, visit out website at providencecare.ca.
Cast your VOTE for Providence Care Hospital today!