Providence Manor COVID-19 Watch on Montreal 5 Declared Over
A COVID-19 watch declared on Montreal 5, a resident home area at Providence Manor, is now over. The watch was declared on Nov. 25, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
The 35 residents who live on Montreal 5 were monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus multiple times throughout the watch. All test results came back negative.
Staff members with confirmed contact with the positive case were also tested for COVID-19. Those results were also negative.
Providence Care declared the watch over on Dec. 5, and alerted all residents at the long-term care home and their loved ones. All restrictions as a result of the watch have now been lifted.
The following safety measures remain in place at Providence Manor:
- All staff members are actively screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They must also wear appropriate personal protective equipment, practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene.
- All visitors must pass screening. If they do not pass screening, they will not be permitted to enter. Individuals who pass screening must wear a mask at all times for the duration of their visit.
- As per a Ministry of Long-Term Care directive, staff must participate in randomized COVID-19 surveillance testing once a week.
- As per a Ministry of Long-Term Care directive, all general and essential visitors who are not fully vaccinated must participate in mandatory on-site COVID-19 surveillance testing
Both Parkside 0 and Heritage 1 at Providence Care Hospital remain under a COVID-19 watch. Click here for more information.
A COVID-19 outbreak continues at Providence Transitional Care Centre. Click here for more information.
- A COVID-19 watch declared on Montreal 5, a resident home area at Providence Manor, was declared over on Dec. 5. All restrictions as a result of the watch have been lifted.
- All residents on Montreal 5 were monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus multiple times throughout the watch. All test results came back negative.
- Test results from staff members with confirmed contact with the positive case were also negative.
About Providence Care:
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. The organization consists of Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor long-term care home, and more than 20 community based support and mental health services across the region. To find out more about Providence Care, visit ProvidenceCare.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 613-544-4900 ext. 53372
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Robertson says
It’s good to hear that the Covid exposure at
Providence Care Senior’s Residence did not
impact on the residents. Thanks for the report.