Date: December 24, 2021
COVID-19 Outbreak at Providence Transitional Care Centre Declared Over
Providence Care, along with Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health, has declared the COVID-19 Outbreak at Providence Transitional Care Centre (PTCC) over as of December 24, 2021. The outbreak was initially declared on Dec. 2.
All restrictions as a result of the outbreak have been lifted; however, the following safety measures remain in place at Providence Transitional Care Centre:
- All staff members are actively screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms. They will continue to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene.
- Only Designated Care Partners are permitted to enter. General visitors are not permitted at this time. Designated Care Partners must pass screening and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If they do not pass screening or show proof of vaccination, they will not be permitted to enter. Individuals who pass screening must wear a mask at all times for the duration of their visit.
Providence Care is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation in the region to ensure our current protective measures at all sites continue to keep the people we serve, staff and physicians safe. Measures will be enhanced if needed. Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information on visiting protocols and current protective measures in place.
- A COVID-19 outbreak declared at Providence Transitional Care Centre was declared over on Dec. 24. All restrictions as a result of the outbreak have been lifted.
- Patients who tested positive or had close contact with a positive case were quarantined, monitored closely for symptoms and tested for the virus multiple times throughout the outbreak.
- Since the last identified case on Dec. 9, 2021, all patient and staff results have come back negative and no further transmission has been identified.
About Providence Care:
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. The organization consists of Providence Care Hospital, Providence Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor long-term care home, and more than 20 community based support and mental health services across the region. To find out more about Providence Care, visit ProvidenceCare.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 613-548-7222, ext. 3169
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Leave a Reply