Inpatients are encouraged not to bring valuables to Providence Transitional Care Centre (PTCC). Personal belongings should be kept in your room.
Providence Care is not responsible for the loss, theft or damage of any personal belongings. If you need to contact Lost and Found, please call 613-544-4900 ext. 51053.
Approved to bring to PTCC
The following is a sample list of approved belongings you may bring with you.
- Canes, walkers, wheelchairs
- C-Pap, Bi-Pap machines
- Hearing aids/devices
- Dentures, eyeglasses
- Comfortable, loose fitting clothing to wear to therapy during the day
- Socks, nightwear and underwear
- Multiple changes of clothing
- Supportive shoes with good traction and secure fit
- Weather appropriate outdoor clothing such as a coat, sweater, sunhat and sunscreen
Personal hygiene products
- Unscented soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
It is important for your care team to know all medications that you are taking at time of admission. Please bring an up-to-date list of medications that you are currently using, including non-prescription, vitamin, and herbal preparations.
- Cell phones and chargers
- Laptop or tablet computer with earphones
- Small radio or clock radio with earphones
- Small audio with earphones, such as a CD player or iPod
- Hairdryer (maximum 1500 watts)
Electrical items must be safety-checked before use. To have an item safety-checked, please place a service call to 613-544-4900 ext. 34949 (FIXIT).
You may bring and use cell phones, laptops and tablets; however, to protect the privacy of others, please do not take photos of people without first asking permission. When using a device, please use headphones.
Not approved for use at PTCC
The following is a sample list of belongings that are not approved for use in the hospital.
- Toaster/toaster oven
- Desktop computer
- Decorations that may cause a fire hazard
- Video games/consoles (unless installed on a laptop computer)
- Mirrors on the wall
- Knives (sharps of any kind)
- Curling irons/flat irons
- Magic Bag hot compresses