A New Home For Providence Manor
Planning is well underway for the redevelopment of Providence Care’s long-term care home, Providence Manor. The redevelopment will relocate Providence Manor, to the new Providence Village. The new home will be developed on the park-like, historical Motherhouse site owned by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul.
Providence Village is a new development that honors the legacy of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul as a continuation of their Mission to care for the vulnerable. Providence Village will be a community hub including Hospice Kingston, who integrated with Providence Care in April 2022. Planning for a 10-bed Hospice Residence and Palliative Care Centre located in Providence Village is well underway.
Groundbreaking is expected to occur in fall 2023. Our current schedule indicates the new home will be open late 2026 and will result in a long-term care home that will serve the needs of our community well into the future.
The new Providence Manor is planned to provide a welcoming, home-like, resident-centred environment that allows individuals to meet friends and family in comfortable spaces. It is planned to incorporate amenities that will enrich residents’ quality of life and provide an engaging environment for them and their loved ones. It’s design will result in a long-term care home that will serve the needs of our community well into the future.
These improved areas will enable residents to come together and connect with each other, families, volunteers and staff. Features of the new Providence Manor are planned to include:
- accessible and easy to understand floor plans that promote health and wellness
- secure outdoor spaces for access to fresh air
- improved dining areas and seating for social interactions
- naturally lit and sun-filled spaces
- dedicated space for spiritual health and worship
- bringing a rich sense of community directly to residents and their families through common areas found in the current home such as the beloved pub and veterans lounge
- a partnership with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario, bringing seniors and children together under the same roof with a daycare
We are excited to redevelop Providence Manor into a home that will serve the needs of the community well into the future.