Research is a key part of Providence Care’s Vision, to lead the way in compassion and discovery.
In our role as an academic health care organization, Providence Care is committed to creating, sharing and applying knowledge, and training the next generation of health care professionals.
As part of that commitment, Providence Care supports and fosters opportunities for teaching and research in a wide range of settings in collaboration with Kingston Health Sciences Centre, Queen’s University, St. Lawrence College and other educational institutions.
At Providence Care we serve vulnerable populations who require physical rehabilitation, mental health services, aging related care, complex medical management, long-term care and palliative care. Our research focuses on these areas to continue to develop and improve the care for our patients, clients and residents.
What we do
- Collaborate with educational institutions and professors
- Develop clinically relevant initiatives
- Reflect on the reality of our clinical population to identify the challenges they face and develop relevant questions
- Work together to provide better education and better care
- Develop and nurture the capacities of clinicians leading and participating in research
- Strengthen and build infrastructure for clinical trials that develop new therapeutic approaches and treatments
Providence Care Research Institute
752 King Street West
Kingston, ON K7L 4X3
Phone: 613-544-4900 ext. 52049