The most important thing we can all do to prevent infection is to wash our hands regularly.
All inpatient units and therapy spaces are equipped with hand washing sinks. Patients, clients and visitors are encouraged to ask staff, physicians and volunteers if they have washed their hands!
Wash your hands every time you:
- Enter and leave an inpatient room.
- Enter and leave a washroom.
- Blow your nose, cough or sneeze.
- Get ready to eat or drink. Finish eating or drinking.
- Handle potentially-contaminated items, such as a call bell, phone, remote, etc.
- Come in contact with another person, particularly if they are ill.
Help limit the spread of germs by:
- Asking family and visitors NOT to visit PCH if they are sick (eg. fever, cough, vomit, diarrhea).
- Getting a flu shot: Flu vaccines are available to patients and clients in the fall; visitors are encouraged to get their flu shot where it is available in the community.